THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, November 8, 2008

We are on the Mission field

I just wanted to share a little about what God has been teaching me recently. When we arrived at the ILC we were asked to get an accountablity partner and make a list of goals that you want to accolpish throughout FPO. One of my goals was to witness to at least one person every time I go off campus and also here to the cafeteria workers. We have been told the cafeteria workers are probaly not saved and have been encouraged to share the gospel with them.

I quickly formed a relationship with most of them, one of them being a crazy man from the Bronx named Everette. Immediately God laid him on my heart and I have been praying for an opportunity to witness to him. Just the other night he came in the gym and we started talking about life. I asked him where is was from, what his life was like when he grew up, and what he believed in. I then shared with him about my crazy family, and how Jesus has changed my life and is my best friend. He then asked me to share with him how to be a christian! I was screaming on the inside I was so excited, haha.

The Lord ordained the whole conversation, it was awesome. After about an hour he was late for work and he had to go. I told him to remember what I said and go home and talk to God. I also told him that it wasn't coincidence that he came in the gym. He seemed very genuine and listened to every word. He told me he wanted to talk more about this and thanked me over and over again and then left for work. That next morning he ran into my friend and told her to tell me and everyone that he loved us but was being transfered somewhere else, because he was only a temp for Aramark. That's the last time I saw him. God's timing is perfect! I am currently sharing with the other workers. Please pray that God provides more opportunities as he did with Everette and Please pray that Everette realizes his need for a savior.

0 comments: