THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Get to Know the Team

I apologize, this blog is way overdue. I figured before I begin telling you stories about my team I should introduce you to them first. I am very blessed to be apart of such an amazing team. I truly feel as though I am experiencing in many ways what it felt to be apart of the first church mentioned in Acts. I am continually being challenged, held accountable, encouraged and because of that I am growing in many ways. So without further delay, meet the fam....

Meet The Boss Man, Jeremy Talifero. He is a big roughin, black wearin, tattoo sportin, pony tail hangin, Johnny Cash lovin, kinda guy. At first glance one might think he escaped from prison, or begin having sudden flashbacks of the big bully in elementary school; But WAIT, before you reach in your pocket to give him your lunch money, stop, and talk to the man, and you´ll realize that he´s actually a relatively nice guy!

All joking aside, Jeremy and his wife Susan have been leading the Xtreme Team with the IMB for many years now and have made a profound impact on my life and the lives of many who have had the privilege of being under their leadership.Although the classes we had each day in training were beneficial, watching their daily lives made the greatest impact in my life. Together they gave up their time, home, comfort, and most of all each other to pour into the lives of a couple young girls.

Just to give you a little run down of what training looked like. Every day J would come to our camp with Jeff, the walking post-it, or Susan, who would teach us stories or just be there to encourage and support us. Arriving at mid morning he would teach us for hours, sometimes missing lunch or just takin down two cans of raw tuna, and continuing the lesson, leaving late in the afternoon. After a long day of teaching, answering numerous questions, frequent bathroom breaks, and listening to many silly girl chats, he would head home; probably feeling the need to work on the car, work out, spit or whatever guys do, to regain his masculinity after spending a whole day with a bunch of crazy girls!

On a serious note God has blessed J with such a wise and discerning spirit unlike anyone I have ever met before. The wisdom and truth he pured into us with such a passion was something that kept our team going through those rough days. He might be a tough guy but it is clear his heart is so tender for the the Lord and His work. To me that's what makes the difference between a leader and a role model, and that is exactly what he became to all of us. I can´t lie, some days we did hate him, shooting him the evil eye and wishing Susan were there instead. Haha, J/K, maybe. Anyways, the impact he made on my life is a life long one and one that Will never be forgotten!

Meet Kelli the walking, talking, biblical concordance. One might think she is a theologian, but she is actually a pharmacist. One suggestion, don´t ever play Bible Trivia with her unless you´re on her team,lol. Kelli is one of my SC´s(Strategic Coordinators)or boss. She is a blast to be around and has become such a role model for me to look up to. Her knowledge of God´s word is unlike anyone I have ever met.She has the gift of teaching of which we all benefit, and she unknowingly spreads that passion to others around her. Her gift of teaching coupled with her passion for God´s word makes it impossible to become bored listening to her or content in your walk.

Meet Leah our Xtreme nurse. She is no bigger than a minute, but has a huge heart. Leah is also my SC and has, along with Kelli, gone through training with us. Leah is the most genuinely caring person I know. Her heart is so tender for the lost and sensitive to others around her. She has such a heart like Jesus and continually is serving others counting it as a true joy. Her gift of encouragement tagged with her silly personality makes it evident why everyone wants to be around her. I can honestly say her positive encouraging spirit is one of the major reasons I was able to make it through training. She clearly walks so close to the Lord and is a challenge to us all.

Meet My partner Misty. We couldn't be more different if we had been born on different planets,lol! She is tall, artistic, and unfortunately for me sarcastic:)Misty has an incredible sense of creativity. She has a certain eye for things that any normal person wouldn´t look twice at, but she can see the potential and turn it into something beautiful. In the same way she can look past the external and see the light and darkness in people and places. She has the spirit of discernment and in many situations this has proven to be very beneficial. I guess you can say I am naive in this area, and here in SA I have found there is usually meaning behind the pretty smile and nice guy act. I guess you can say she is my personal body guard and in many ways an answer to my parents prayers. She is a great friend, accountability partner, and team mate. I am very blessed to have her!

1 comments:

the loving fam said...

oh my word amy i already left you a really long comment and it erased. these new fangle high tech labtobs... cant do a darn thing with a em. ha that was my impression of the family. well amy we miss you so much and we love you and cant wait to see your face and batttle scars hahaha. your beautiful and are missed