THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Praise the Lord! He uses the weak.....

1 Corinthians 1:26-31
"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

I am one of the weak ones He uses. I have close to no self-control when it comes to food, laziness, or anything that gratifies my flesh. I lack the discipline that I need to be in fervent prayer for the lost all around me. I realize others pray more for the work of the Lord to be done with our team than I do. I struggle not with loving my enemies but with loving my own sisters in Christ. I have been trying to please God with my actions, including the one of joining the Xtreme Team. I am a very impatient person. I am quick to be angry, fret, worry or get frustrated without even thinking of going to the Lord. I have perfected playing the role of hypocrite, especially in church. I often tell people I will or have been praying for them but never can seem to fit it in between all my selfish prayers for myself. I strive to please others around me and pretend to be more spiritual than I am.

Believe it or not, this list could go on and on but I hope this removes all doubt that I am by no means an "Xtreme Missionary", if there even is one. Please don´t be misled by the title. We are, as Jim Elliot says, "a bunch of nobodies trying to exalt a Somebody!" My purpose in writing this is not to lose prayer supporters, haha, but to make quite clear that, as Paul says, God uses the weak, foolish, and low in this world, so that no one can boast. Therefore, I boast in these weaknesses knowing fully that in spite of all these issues, and many more, God can use ANYONE. He does not demand perfection but a willing heart.

I wanted to clear up any misconceptions you might have had. Please know that the stories I will be sharing with you about this journey are all to the great glory of God. There were many times that I found myself on the verge of quitting, and I KNOW it was only by God´s mercy and grace that I am here right now able to write this to you. Praise the Lord that, in His rich love, He does not leave us how we are and, in His mercy, He does not give up on us. This time of training has proved to be a precious time of dying to myself, comforts, desires and drawing so close to my Savior who has proved time and time again to be more satisfying than anything I once desired.

I am sorry if this disappoints you. My purpose is not to leave you discouraged but rather encouraged knowing that God can use anyone and, in spite of all of our problems, God uses even those to bring you and others closer to Him. So if any of you are second guessing something the Lord has told you to do, know that we have all we need in Him. He will give you all you need to face the trials placed before you, and to obey his calling. He does not call the equipped but He equips the called. Oh what a promise, hope, and friend we have in Jesus.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Keep pressin on sister. We are prayin for you in Suriname!

Grace said...

I had a hard time understanding what God was trying to tell me in these verses, so I googled it and came across your blog. These verses make so much sense to me now. Thanks for your insight.

Anonymous said...

Amy,

you could NEVER disappoint me any more than you could disappoint our Father. He, much more so than me, loves you with an unchanging, perfect & amazing love that sees your imperfect & willing heart to do His work.

I am so blessed by your blog. I see so much of me in this post. In fact, YOU know that the only way God gets past my human irresponsibility to pray for you is to wake me up at 3am and not let me go back to sleep until i've gotten all my praying out.

I apologize for my shortcomings as a prayer warrior in that fashion :( please know that the Lord is keeping me closer to you than you can imagine and you are lifted up at your special hour :)

i love you!

BillyB said...

We have arrived in Christ when we acknowledge that it is not I, but Christ in me. Paul said he had not arrived. Despite our best efforts, we continue to be us as we strive to be His.

Prayer is of course, the key. Prayer builds up the Spirit of Christ in us. It is crucial. Prayer is what energizes His spirit making it overshadow our own.

Prayer is not bowing your head and talking to God. It is seeking God in all we do. We must have a continuous heart for prayer.

God answers our prayers when we are so close to Him that Christ can work through us.

Your special calling to the Extreme Team is all part of God in you. Certainly, all the things you said about yourself are true, and can be true as you harmonize yourself with God in you. Continuous awareness of His presence makes the difference.

It has to be all about Him, all the time.