THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 1, 2008

The DC Trip

Thanksgiving was so amazing! I hung out with my small group all day. We made our own Thanksgiving dinner, played games, and watched a Christmas movie. Lori and I made homemade mashed potatoes and kinda had a little competition going on. At the end of dinner we compared pots and hers was nearly empty while mine looked untouched. I think it was because I made twice as much and Her pot was the first in line. Yeah that's what I told myself so I could eventually fall asleep that night.


The next day we left for our DC trip at 8am. We took several charter buses and it took about two hours. We were given instructions to find restaurants, stores, etc. that were native to the culture and people group we would be going to. Our main objective was to witness, and boy did everyone have fun with that. We all came back with so many stories of how God had ordained opportunities to share. Several people became believers!


When my group first got to DC we took the metro to the Basilica Cathedral. We spent two hours touring inside the cathedral. It was so beautiful on the outside and when you enter it is overwhelmingly beautiful. Once I snapped back into reality I sensed such a darkness. As I watched people come in and pray before different shrines to Mary my heart broke. So many people living in darkness following a dead religion.

It was an eye opening experience for me. I think the most dangerous people alive are not those who claim to be Atheist, Muslim, or Buddhist but are those that claim to be Christians but are not. Catholicism is so dangerous because it seems to appear so close to the truth yet it is so far from the truth. Satan is smart. He takes truth and twists it so that it appears good on the outside but at its core it is false.

After the tour we went to a Peruvian restaurant. It was not at all what I expected! The place was packed and when I walked in I noticed everyone eating the same thing. I just thought they all were craving the same thing or there must have been a special. When we went to order we quickly realized they only serve one thing in small medium or large portions. A piece of chicken, french fries, and coleslaw. I did drink a South American specialty, Inca Cola. It basically tastes like carbonated bubble gum. Yeah a little to sweet for me. The meal was really good, just not what I expected.

2 comments:

Dima said...

Thanksgiving meal with your team 20$ trip to DC 50$ Inca Cola- Priceless.

We miss you... Dima and Holly

thatonecutegirl said...

carbonated bubble gum sounds disgusting, lol. thanks for making it so real ;)

i love you and miss you girl!

*hugs*
Emily