THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

6 Weeks In A Nutshell

I wanted to do another blog summing up the past month and a half that I have been here in Guatemala. I am so grateful for my team here and I am very sad to be leaving. I am just so thankful that the Lord has blessed us with unity and a strong love for one another. This was one of my greatest concerns, and still is for the future. Our enemy works so heavily against the mighty work of God not only through the evil temptations and distractions of this world but with in the body itself. The church, the family of God, is the target of his aim and the one way he destroys what God is doing all over the world it is to create dissention among the believers.

I was asking some of my missionary friends what is the biggest threat to the spreading of the gospel, and the response I got astounded me. It is dissention among the missionaries or different teams that come. That is so sad! The Lord is moving among the hearts of people all over the world but it’s when we get there, the supposed good Christians or missionaries that they began to second guess when they can’t see the difference between our lives and theirs. If we can’t even love one another and get along, how is the world going to see a difference and want what we have.

I have never experienced such strong accountability before, which is so refreshing. This just reminds me of what the church should look like. Believe it or not we are supposed to be different and look different but so often it is the “church goers” who are known to be so judgmental or hateful toward others, or who restaurants dread the most on Sunday. Let’s not forget the greatest command is LOVE. What has happened to us? This is how the enemy is working the strongest against the move of God. It’s through us. Don’t be fooled believers he is just as much in a bar as he is the church.

I don’t know why the Lord laid it on my heart to write this blog but while I have been here, it has been made evident how believers are supposed to look and treat one another; unconditional love, continuing to forgive as God has forgiven you, continually lifting one another up in prayer and encouragement, holding one another accountable in love, and striving to protect the unity of the body.

Please also remember to lift up you pastor and men in leadership in prayer. They are the targets of a lot of the attacks because they lead the flock. Being the daughter of a pastor I know all to well the incredible attacks from the enemy against anyone who has surrendered their life to ministry. You will never know what these men of God face. It reminds me of a battle scene in Lord of the Rings. Our pastors are fighting in the front lines leading us against the enemy, taking on the bunt of the blow as we all fight for our King Jesus and the freedom of so many from the chains of bondage. That might sound cheesy but it is true.
I say all this to say God has been so good in keeping our team unified. I feel I am leaving family and my heart is broken yet my heart breaks even more for the blind people in the jungles. It is very bitter sweet. Please continue to lift up my team as well as be so sensitive and aware of the enemy’s tactics. What is more important, that you get your way or you prove yourself right in the middle of an argument, or that you strive to protect the unity of the body and in doing so shield the body not letting Satan have any foot hold. Let me just challenge you to read some of Jesus’ last words in the Garden of Gethsemane found in Matthew. Hopefully it will open your eyes like it did mine and move you to think more about the church as a family a body that is continually under the attack of the enemy and the importance of swallowing our pride humbling ourselves before one another and forgiving or asking for it. Thank you so much for all of your prayers they are truly felt, please don’t stop. I won’t be able to contact anyone or blog for at least a month if not three. I fly to Peru in one hour for jungle training and I will try to blog as soon as I get back. Love ya’ll so Much!
-Wholly His-
Amy Givens

2 comments:

The OSTREM Times said...

amy,

I am so excited for you. It is an encouragement to me over here in Egypt to be able to read about what the Lord is teaching you. Your heart is huge, and I give Him all the praise for that. I do miss you like crazy, but I know that we are both following His leading. So you go girl! I am praying for you to be bold, and to love each and every person with that amazing Amy love :) Be the light in the dark.

Your forever friend,
Brandy

The OSTREM Times said...

Oh...and remember that mouthwash is supposed to keep the bugs away. haha. love ya chica...brandy